Join the Series
The Australian Swift Racing (ASR) Series was established in 2011 as part of the Shannons Australian Motor Racing Nationals and held its first round at Mallala in South Australia in April of that year.
The category has quickly become the perfect place for young drivers looking to learn their race craft at a national level, and drivers from the Series have already moved to touring car racing, including V8 Supercars.
But the Series is not only about young drivers - there’s a wide cross section of backgrounds from businessmen with a long-held desire to drive a race car through to experienced racers keen to have some fun and compete in a national series.
There are options to buy or lease a Swift Sport race car, with the flexibility to either transport & manage your own car, or take advantage of the ‘arrive & drive’ package.
The category is subject to strict technical requirements, and has been approved as an official CAMS-sanctioned National Series. CAMS appointed stewards and full national level medical resources are present at each event.
Drivers require a Provisional National Circuit licence (PC), but preferably a CAMS National Circuit Licence (NC).
Four important points underpin the category;
- In relative terms, minimisation of the cost of running and maintaining the cars.
- Providing a ‘place to race’ in a relaxed but safe and well managed environment.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Shannons Nationals, CAMS and suppliers.
- Maintaining a controlled category with pro-active technical compliance.
The category is based on 2010/2011 Suzuki Swift Sport Model RS416 1600cc cars that are race modified to set specifications to ensure even competition.
How do you join the Series?
- Make sure you have a current CAMS Provisional Circuit (PC) or National Circuit (NC) licence.
- Secure a funding package.
- Get hold of a car i.e. build, buy or lease
- Enter the Series (or individual rounds) with Series Management.
For more series information click here
For any other information or enquiries please contact us.
0438 033 246